Val McCune, a Senior Associate Consultant of RLR Management Consulting, Inc., has over 30 years of experience in banking operations and project management. She specializes in all aspects of bank operations and has played a key role in several RFP, conversion and merger/acquisition projects.
Her experience in the financial industry includes management of operations in institutions ranging from $250 million to $3 billion dollars in assets and management of Correspondent Banking Customer Service at Wells Fargo Bank servicing over 5,000 banks of all asset sizes across the United States.
Her experience includes:
- Operations management with direct responsibility for ACH and ATM operations, Cash Management, Item Processing and Reconciliation, Retirement Accounts, Documentary Collections, Central Cash Vault Operations, Wire Operations, Legal Processes, Lockbox Operations, Vendor Management, Disaster Recovery, and Compliance.
- Successful management of projects related to bank wide system conversions, application conversions, product and service implementation, bank/branch acquisitions, mergers and sales, new branch installations.
- Compliance and control reviews including recommendations for improvements to meet regulatory mandates and industry best practices.
- Management of multiple workflow analysis and process improvement projects successfully achieving productive, streamlined and operationally sound environments.
- Project Leader of programs related to bank wide training of staff with regard to system conversions, application conversions and product and service implementation.
- Served as Project Manager in a FDIC assisted merger/acquisition of two $10 billion dollar+ banks which involved the conversion of every bank system in a 6 month timeframe from acquisition date to conversion date.
- Served as Project Manager for a private bank holding company that had purchased two small institutions and was looking to purchase two large institutions and wanted consistent core, item and card processing platforms for all of their banks to operate on. The holding company was looking to build a strong Cash Management platform with a multitude of services available to their clients. She served as the Project Manager for the RFP, contract and pricing negotiations and assisted with the implementation of the core platform as well as some of the peripherals.
- Served as Project Manager for a RFP project for a $2.7 billion dollar bank in Southern California which included their core, item and card processing, online banking and Cash Management platforms as well as other peripherals. The project included a complete RFP, as well as pricing and contract negotiations.
Val McCune holds numerous Certificates from the American Institute of Banking, the Bankers Compliance Group and the National Automated Clearing House Association for courses in various aspects of Banking Operations, Banking Law and Bank Management Training.