Senior Associate Consultant
Nora Barefield, a Consultant with RLR Management Consulting, has over 20 years of program management experience in financial institutions. Nora has led teams through a variety of banking projects including core and teller platform conversions, full system conversions supporting mergers and acquisitions, ATM set-up, debit and credit card support, and other system conversions.
Her experience in the financial industry includes Retail Management, Branch Operations for 46 branches of a $12B Colorado regional bank; Deposit and Card (debit and consumer credit) support for a $10B Community Bank organization (11 member banks), as well as helping to build Community Banks ranging in asset volume from $20MM to $1B.
- Successful management of projects related to enterprise system conversions, application conversions, product implementations, branch acquisitions and sales, new branch installations, workflow analysis and process improvement, and fee revenue enhancement.
- Compliance and Control Reviews, including recommendations for process and documentation improvements to meet regulatory mandates.
- Deposit Operations Management for two community banks. Direct responsibility included branch operations, deposit products, electronic funds transfers (ACH, ATM, Wire Transfers), credit and debit card processing, item processing and reconciliation, retirement accounts, correspondent services, cash vault services, safe deposit box processing, and branch training and support.
- Chair of a cross-functional Operational Risk Committee to identify areas of risk, report gaps and then recommend and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Using eDraw Max software to develop process maps in the BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation) methodology to document various scalable functional procedures.
- Serving as Lead Contact for various types of internal audits along with State and Federal Reserve Bank examinations – scope included Safety & Soundness, Compliance, and BSA/AML/OFAC.
- Holds a certificate in the ‘4 Disciplines of Execution’ through Franklin Covey and is adept at developing, documenting, and maintaining procedural improvements that reduce redundancy, enhance accuracy and efficiency, and help achieve organizational objectives.
- Business Administration, University of Phoenix
- 4 Disciplines of Execution Certificate, Franklin Covey
- ACH Self-Assessment
- BSA Model Validation
- Credit & Debit Card Operations
- Central Operations & Branch Audit
- Compliance Management Systems
- Deposit Compliance
- Electronic Banking
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Operational Audits
- Project Management
- Red Flag Identity Theft
- Regulatory Compliance
- Remote Deposit Capture
- System Conversions
- Vendor Management
- Wire Operations